Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 NO water to shower head
Author: MattCzar (MI)

I have delta shower system and am not getting any water to the shower head.
I have taken our the orginal assembly from the valve and replaced it will a new one.
I have water getting to the valve, but nothing to the shower head.
My valve does not have any external shut off valves.

Any help would be appreciated.

MC

Reply To This Message

Re: NO water to shower head
Author: RWP (SD)

When the shower head is removed is there water going there then?
Is this something that recently happened?

- - - - - - - - - -

Retired after 50 years of plumbing and heating.

Reply To This Message

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Remove the cover plate pull the plug out of the bottom of the brass and see if this mixer port is fouled by debris.use a hollow brass plug to recap this area.

Reply To This Message

yes when I took out the assemble there was a lot of water. I also put it back on and turned the house supply back on to test it...there is water getting to the valve.
There has been a very very very small bit of water to drip out of the shower head. (I have taken the head off now.

Reply To This Message

No this is the first time trying to get the shower working. The plumbing was in when I bought the house.

Reply To This Message

Author: sum (FL)

The inspector you hired when you bought the house did not catch that? No water coming out of shower head seem a pretty obvious and standard thing to check for.

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

the valve body may still be fouled.try to run a coat hanger wire up the shower riser with that cap off.this area is a mixer on older delta and the small riser hole can become fouled.I would remove the valve tub spout plug/cap and then try to blow on the shower arm.If air blows freely then the port is clear.

Reply To This Message

The shower was not in operation when the house was inspected.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

If the house was not occupied the water supply may have been turned off.

Reply To This Message

I have taken the essemble out and released all the water. I poured water down the shower head arm to see if water would come out the valve...it didn't...not sure if it should???

I put a hang down the shower head arm about half way still no water out the valve??

Reply To This Message

I have water running to the value - just no getting to the shower. I only have a shower head, no tub. I also have checked the valve is in properly up is up.

Reply To This Message

Matt?again.the water moves through the lower part of the brass of the older delta to move upward.blow with the plug removed.

Reply To This Message

I used an air compressor to blow our the valve and still nothing. Also I poured water down the arm of the shower head and nothing can through the valve.

I'm wondering if the soldering to the shower head might have bleed into the pipe and has it blocked...is that a possiblity? If so any way of fixing without cutting pipes?

Reply To This Message

quote; the valve is in properly up is up.

That is probably your problem. When the valve is installed properly, the water goes DOWN first then up, and the chamber at the bottom is probably fouled. I am not sure how your valve can be drained of the debris, because it depends on HOW the lower opening was capped/plugged.

Reply To This Message

delta used a1/4 port inside the 5/8" back of the valve body.the best way to clear is to remove the lower tub spout plug /cap.insert a 3/8"tap from the bottom opening upward and stress remove the thin brass barrel.please see the delta web site and look at the older 1500/1700 series valve body break downs to understand why you need to break loose and where.I have posted the delta valve body here at the site before and you might find it searching delta valve body in the purple box above..

Reply To This Message

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Lemon.........You might save the man a few DAYS if you could locate that posting.Do you reallize how many postings across how many years will come up?It then requires opening and reading each one.

Reply To This Message

and do you REALLY think the person would have ANY idea what Lemon was saying if he did find that referenced item.

Reply To This Message

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Sorry.......Lost my mind for a minute.Imagine the frustration after finally finding it.

Reply To This Message

Author: paddyc (KS)

Is it a lo-flow shower head? If so, it needs a minimum of 7 psi to operate.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.