Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 cpvc how long to do it wait for the glue to dry
Author: weetmon (OH)

how long should i wait to turn my water on after i glue fitting together with cpvc glue

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Re: cpvc how long to do it wait for the glue to dry
Author: vic (CA)

Depends on the brand. Check the label.

Personally I like to recommend 24 hours no matter what the label says as "better safe than sorry."

I hope that you used both primer and solvent as that's "best" for a top quality weld.

Yes, I wrote "weld" because if done correctly, in the right conditions (dry, fresh and quality solvent and primer, clean pipe and fitting, both coated properly and so on) you are actually "solvent welding" the pipe and fitting together.

Reply To This Message

Author: SMSPlumbing (PA)

Read the directions on the can. Some say to wait an hour for cold, and six hours for hot.

Reply To This Message

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

The manufacturer says 24hours.I would never turn it on where it could do damage in four minutes or less.where I plumb at high/dry atmospheric temp and hold and fit and wipe each joint.five is good with most installs.Where the lines are drawn, only your butt on the line to read between them!!!!!Have had, zero failures.

Reply To This Message

Author: joe plumber (NE)

I wait 24 hours ,better safe than sorry .JMO

Reply To This Message

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

how do you do a repair if you wait 24 hours?

if you have to do a waterheater and its cpvc do you tell them to go to a motel for a day?

30 minutes minimum- 60 minutes recommended

ive had them blow off at 15-20 mins

i havent had any issues ever after 1 hour

Reply To This Message

Waulk.you never step on toes.you pay for the motel room and.?

Reply To This Message

Author: joe plumber (NE)

If it breaks because the waiting period wasn't followed ,you will pay for the motel room and alot more .JMHO.

Reply To This Message

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

cpvc is a very flawed product and since i switched to pex i realize it more and more...i used to love cpvc, now i think its junk.............the only ones left using it are the price cutters who do new homes for $1,000 under cost

Reply To This Message

Author: RWP (SD)

Copper is tried and proven.

- - - - - - - - - -

Retired after 50 years of plumbing and heating.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

quote; the only ones left using it are the price cutters who do new homes for $1,000 under cost

You must mean "under YOUR cost", (which means NOTHING to them), because if they did it for $1,000 under THEIR cost they would be giving it away and would be broke after just a couple of houses.

Reply To This Message

wualk that is funny.we have more than 1000 on the trim?

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995 The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.