Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 515,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Delta Shower Fixture Tub Dripping
Author: LarryM (TX)

All, I have a Delta shower fixture that is dripping all the time. I took the faceplate off and discovered it has an ASEE 1016P inner mechanism. It says ASEE 1016P DELTA on the ring. How do I fix this problem. I really don't want to call a plumber and get raked over the coals. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply To This Message

Re: Delta Shower Fixture Tub Dripping
Author: hj (AZ)

quote; I really don't want to call a plumber and get raked over the coals.

Why does everyone think plumbers are going to "gyp" them? Just because you THINK they should charge less because you do not know their costs of doing business, does not make you an expert advisor to them.

Reply To This Message

Author: Paul48 (CT)

I'm sorry......the way your question is written, it's completely illegible. You might want to edit it completely and try again.

Reply To This Message

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

View delta sight and look at th old 1300 series.

Reply To This Message

Author: steve (CA)

The "ASSE 1016P" is a standard by the "American Society of Sanitary Engineering". It is not a part number. If the valve doesn't fully shut off, the cartridge needs to be replaced.

Reply To This Message

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

replace the cartridge

plumbers do charge alot, but they dont rake people over the coals

any plumber can do the fix for you...probably in the low $200 range

or you can spend a few hours yourself and do it....if you screw something up then you may be paying $500 later

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

ASSE 1016 is the Spec. from the American Society of Sanitary Engineering which covers pressure balanced ( anti-scald) shower valves, hence it is likely you have a Delta 1300, although other models are also possible. Picture please.

Just how much do you think is fair to pay an experienced technician who has the training to make this repair, is dispatched in a $30,000 van loaded with another $10,000 worth of inventory and $10,000 worth of specialized tools? Remember that there is the technician who earns an appropriate hourly wage, there is the business owner's overhead....insurance, maintenance and carrying cost on the van, office and warehouse rents, office manager salary, 7% social security payment on wages, state disability and workers comp insurance, liability insurance, state license and bond costs, and owners profit margin.......just how much should that job cost you????

Reply To This Message

Author: RWP (SD)

Compared to doctors and lawyers, plumbers are dirt cheap and have been for far too long.

- - - - - - - - - -

Retired after 50 years of plumbing and heating.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

I have NEVER been "cheap", but if customers want a "cheap" plumber I have a few names I can give them.

Reply To This Message

Author: mr leak (CA)

Don't use your charcoal barbaque

Reply To This Message

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Larry hope you got it figured out.if not call again and post a picture to show the true valve.As value goes we work here for free/fun.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: How to show an image
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms