Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 underwear down toilet / backed up!!!! HELP!!!
Author: MomOf2hELP (RI)

HI! my son flushed his underwear down the toilet about a month and a half ago, the toilet seemed to be fine for a couple of days. Then the toilet backed up, i plunged and it seemed to be fine again, on and off for a couple of weeks. I figured the underwear was just going to get down, so I didnt do anything further. 2 days ago my toilet backed up, now the water will not go down at all. I then went to the hardware store and purchased a snake, new plunger, and rid x. I tried all 3 still nothing. I bought a 3 ft. snake, should i go get a 6 ft one.? I dont know what to do my bathroom stinks and I need advice!!!!!!

Re: underwear down toilet / backed up!!!! HELP!!!
Author: Nayman's Drain Services (Non-US)

Call a Pro.
A Plumber/Drain Tech will solve your problem, as it is now in your pipes away from your toilet.

---------------

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

The underwear is probably further down than 6' snake is going to reach. If any other fixtures, like a tub or sink, show problems that will be a clue to how far into the drain it might be.

If you already have the 6' snake, no harm in trying.

TUB is draining slow AND SINK, DRAINING FINE. The pump for the toilet is only in the next room. Trying not to call a plumber, lol. I am going to buy a 6ft one. I have a brand new pump, do you think the underwear will be able to get through that pump?

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

The underwear WILL clog the pump if it gets into the basin. IF the underwear is in the toilet, a 3' closet auger, used properly, will remove it.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Cotton underware doesn't break down like human waste and WILL NOT thru a lift pump. If its in the pump holding tank, it will have to be snagged or snatched. This might require you to remove the pump's container cover to access the underwear. It might be easier that trying to go thru the toilet into the pump pit and back out again. Do you have city sewers or a septic tank?

Best Wishes

City Sewers .... thanks for all support.

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

hire a plumber to snake your drains

its probably beyond what you can do

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.