Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 drowned mouse
Author: Anonymous User

Found a drowned mouse in the toilet. I dont know how it got there other than through the plumbing...is that even possible?

Reply To This Message

Re: drowned mouse

Reach down and pick it up. Or flush the sucker. Unless it is one of those opossom size mouses. Flush Flush Flush!!! It will be fun.

Reply To This Message

Author: westchester plumber

It is impossible for the rodent to climb through the plumbing system and then surface in your toilet alive and then drown in the toilet water. Wacky! I'm laughing just typing this. Someone in your household probably dropped it in there or it in fell in and drowned.
Call Terminix.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

Actually, it is possible since the bowl could be smooth enough that it could not get traction to climb out of the water.

Reply To This Message

Author: westchester plumber

hj - I know it is possible that the mouse could have fallen into the toilet, couldn't climb out and drowned. But do you think it is actually possible for a mouse to climb through the plumbing system and appear in the toilet? I sure as heck don't.
...It must have been Mighty Mouse.

Post Edited (08-03-03 14:33)

Reply To This Message

Author: Dunbar (KY)

www.mousebusters.com

Reply To This Message

Author: steve_g (CA)

Ok, you've got to ask how the mouse got in the building drain in the first place. For the sake of arguement, let's give him (or her) an open clean-out. Once stuck in the 4", travel would be the only option, and I don't think it's going to try to climb straight up a closet bend to swim/fight it's way through the toilet trap. All in all, the outlook for this mouse is pretty bleak, must be bad karma from a previous incarnation.

Cats make great pets.

-Steve G

Reply To This Message

Just to clarify....

We found the mouse floating in the toilet dead. I have no idea how it got there...haven't seen a moust climb the walls then fall from the ceiling...haven't seen a must climb a toilet tank. This is a very empty bathroom, so there is not a way that I can think of that this mouse would have been ablt to climb up anything and fall in.

Also, did try to flush it back, but it didn't take. then removed it.

thanks for all of the feedback.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

MIce, rats, and snakes have all been known to travel through the plumhing systems and then come out into the toilet because they are attracted to the light. It can be disconcerting if you turn on the light and lift the toilet lid to use it. It is much more disconcerting if you do not turn the light on while using the toilet.

Reply To This Message

Do you have a cat or dog?

Reply To This Message

Author: steve_g (CA)

3 cats
0 mice

Reply To This Message

Author: PLUMBILL

I have an article from the St. Paul MN Newspaper that address rats comming up through the home plumbing system when they were correcting cross-connections between storm and sanitary sewers. It basicaly says; just flush them back down.

Rats have been known to climb-up a soil stack come up through the toilet and eat the cat or dog food left out and then return via the plumbing system. The owners were always wondering why it was wet in front of the toilet when there were no leaks or liitle kds in the home.

Post Edited (08-04-03 17:18)

Reply To This Message

Author: tigys599 (PA)

This happened to me too. Once last week and now again today with 2 at once. I live alone with no pets, I work away from home, thats what I come home to lol

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995 The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.